• CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img
  • CD img

Benefits and Costs

Program Benefits

Confirmed Placement

CCUSA works hard to find just the right camp placement for your unique personality! 

Up to 10 Weeks Insurance Coverage Included

Included with your program is up to ten weeks of insurance coverage. If your placement and arrival orientation is longer than 10 weeks, you will be responsible for paying the additional cost of insurance coverage over 10 weeks, which must be arranged at least 2 weeks prior to departure.

Free Room and Board

All participants will receive free room and board for the full duration of their work placement.

Free Transport between designated arrival city and camp

Your summer camp arranges and pays for transport from the designated city to the camp.

Earn a set stipend

During the placement (8-10 week contract), you will get a minimum stipend of:

Camp Counselors

Age Stipend
Any CA$2000
* Counselors with a valid lifeguarding certificate will receive an additional $150 CAD.

Support Staff

Age Stipend
Any CA$2500

Camp Directors are encouraged to pay supervisory staff a higher salary. If a camp wants to hire you for longer than 10 weeks, they will send a separate contract for your approval. 
Under Canadian law, camps are required to deduct an average of 5% - 7% of your earnings as CPP and Unemployment insurance. You may not be able to claim this money back at the end of the year.

Work Permit and Visa Requirements

Participants will be required to obtain a work permit, and possibly a visa depending on their citizenship(s) and/or countries lived. You are responsible for all associated costs for the visa/work permit (up to $250 CAD, subject to change).  Though not required, you are at liberty to obtain immigration services on your own, or you may have the opportunity to use immigration services obtained by your camp, or CCUSA's preferred provider depending on where you are placed.  More information will be provided after your placement is confirmed.  You may be eligible for the Working Holiday Permit which will allow you to work at camp and continue to work for up to 24 months in Canada. It is your responsibility to review eligibility requirements, quotas and apply / pay for this.

Canadian Social Insurance Number

Upon arrival in Canada all participants will receive instructions on how to obtain a Social Insurance Number that will allow them to work legally in Canada.  In some cases, we will even walk you there.  This is an easy process!

24 Hour Emergency Support from Experienced and Friendly Staff

The full-time staff at CCUSA is dedicated to giving you the very best service around. We have all experienced working and traveling overseas. We are just a phone call away if an emergency occurs at any time during your stay in Canada. You can count on friendly, personal service from any of our staff. A 24/7 emergency phone number will be given to you at your orientation.

Simple Online Application Form

When you decide to go and work in Canada you want to make it as simple and easy as possible! Follow this link to Apply Now.

Be a Part of a Unique Canadian Community

Canadian diversity provides the perfect atmosphere to develop lifelong camp friends from around the world and many camps have avenues to allow you to keep in touch with them for years to come.

Cultural Exchange

You are an ambassador for your country. You will have a unique opportunity to learn about other cultures as well as sharing your culture and unique skill sets with other campers and staff. International staff has been a staple in Canadian Summer Camps for many years and have left their stamp on many of our great camps.

What You Pay

Program Fees

The table below displays the fees for the Camp Counselors Canada program.

Counselors Canada Fees
Application Fee €45
Acceptance Fee €350